Kolkata: A 14-year-old school student died here when a rope got entangled around his neck when he was aping a stunt scene telecast by a popular global entertainment company dealing primarily in professional wrestling, his relatives said Thursday.
Class 9 student Agnidev Dutta was purportedly choked to death at his Salt Lake residence Wednesday night when he attempted a karate stunt shown in the World Wrestling Entertainment shows.
"He was watching WWE and aping a karate stance. He had climbed a chair and tied one end of the belt to the window. His mother had gone to the toilet then. When she came back, she saw him lying on the floor with the rope tied in a knot to his neck," said a relative.
"He was very fond of WWE. So he was simulating the stance. He was rushed to a local hospital where he was declared dead," the relative added.
WWE is a privately controlled entertainment company holding around 320 televised and non-televised events annually with its broadcast reaching about 36 million viewers in over 150 countries. It often includes stunts that carry the risk of injury if not performed properly.
Photos: Kareena Kapoor Khan and Aamir Khan at Mumbai airport
Photos: SRK, wife Gauri, Aishwarya Rai, Shweta Bachchan at Vogue Awards
Photos: Harbhajan Singh-Geeta Basra's TV outing with daughter Hinaya
Photos: Malaika Arora flaunts ripped jeans like a boss!
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Dia Mirza sizzle on the ramp