Raipur: Sixteen children were on Wednesday were injured when they received electric shock at the gate of a government primary school in Chhattisgarh's Koriya district, a senior police officer said.
"The children got electric shock while they were crossing the iron-made gate of the school on way back to home after the classes got over at Kachhor village under Kelhari police station limits," Koriya Superintendent of Police BS Dhruv told PTI.
Prima facie it appears that as it was raining since last night in the region, the gate might have come in contact with live wire through the wet school wall, the SP said. "However, a probe was on to ascertain the exact cause of the incident," he added.
"When the children were running in a big group to come out of the gate, they got the electric shock and sustained burn injuries, Dhurv said. Soon after the incident, villagers called up ambulance and informed police.
Subsequently, the children were rushed to a hospital at nearby Manendragarh development block, he said. "A student, Sarita, sustained severe burn injuries on her hands while the other 15 children received minor injuries," the SP said adding that the condition of all the students was stable. A case has been registered and further probe is on in this connection, he added.
'Rock On 2' trailer launch: Farhan, Shraddha enthrall audience with live gig
Flashback: When bikini babes set a new world record in Australia
Photos: 'Rock On 2' stars Farhan, Shraddha on 'Yaaron Ki Baraat'
Photos: Ajay Devgn launches 'Shivaay' comics at Mumbai Comic Con
Photos: WWE star Sheamus and John Abraham clash in Mumbai