Meltek Infosystems, occupants of the first two floors of Kharadi Knowledge Park, were in for a shock, after a fire broke out on the first floor of their office premises yesterday morning.
No deaths were reported but two persons — the company’s managing director Krushnakant Mahelkar (60) and project manager Prasana Mahelkar (25) — sustained minor injuries in the fire. The injured were rushed to Columbia Asia Hospital in Kharadi for medical treatment.
The Pune Fire Brigade headquarters received the call about the fire around 1.40 am. Fire Officer Sunil Devkar said, “After we got the call, one fire engine and two water tankers were rushed to the spot from the Hadapsar fire station. The fire was put out around 2.30 am.”
Meltek’s Project Manager Gajanan Arthmwar said, “A short circuit is believed to have caused the fire. The first floor was completely reduced to ashes. Computers, furniture and documents were destroyed in the fire. The company has incurred a loss of approximately R30 lakh.”
Photos: 'Dangal' girls Sanya Malhotra, Fatima Sana Shaikh's dinner outing
Photos: Salman Khan, Daisy Shah spotted at the Mumbai airport
Photos: Rakhi Sawant to play Honeypreet in Ram Rahim biopic
Photos: Arvind Kejriwal asks Kamal Haasan to join politics
Photos: TV actress who played goddesses on the small screen