About 22 warkaris were admitted to the local hospital after consuming food on Sunday night. Th entire group had complained of stomach ache. As a precautionary measure, the hospital gave medicine to the entire group of 79 warkaris.
Doctors said consumption of spicy food led to stomach ache. The 79 warkaris had their dinner at Lakhangaon, of which 75 were from the village itself.
“Of the 22 warkaris, four were treated for given medical treatment dehydration. The others were provided with regular medical help,” Medical Superintendent Geeta Kulkarni of Silver Jubilee Hospital in Baramati said.
Taking a serious note of the issue, the Food and Drug Administration sent a team of its officials to inquire into the matter and check the condition of the warkaris, said FDA Assistant Commissioner (Food) S D Naragude. He said the warkaris had mirchi thecha (crushed chillis) with bhakris.
“We had sent team to Baramati to inquire into the case. As per the medical officer, possibility of food poisoning is nil. The warkaris consumed extremely spicy food after a long, which resulted in some kind of minor stomach-related problem.”
Confirming it, Kulkarni said, “The warkaris had fasted on Saturday and on Sunday night they consumed extremely very spicy food, which gave rise to problems like gastroenteritis. Now, all of them are fine and we have discharged them today (Monday) morning. Considering the small number of cases, we cannot say it was food poisoning. And since the numbers were few, we could not take any samples for testing.”
Irfan Pathan's birthday: Popular brother duos in international cricket
Kumar Sangakkara birthday: Batsmen who hit the most Test double tons
Birthday special: 21 actresses who married businessmen
Photos: Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra watch 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
Spotted: Aditya Roy Kapur with his mother in Bandra