Moscow: About 40 foreign students of the Russian State Medical University were hospitalised after a fire in their hostel in southwest Moscow, TASS news agency reported citing health officials on Thursday.
Some 20 students are in a serious condition, the officials said.
The fire in the 16-storey hostel broke out on Wednesday evening and was extinguished in about an hour. Some 680 people were evacuated from the building.
According to preliminary reports, the fire was caused by a short circuit.
Photos: Ajay Devgn, Parineeti, Tabu at 'Golmaal Again' trailer launch
Photos: 'Dangal' girls Sanya Malhotra, Fatima Sana Shaikh's dinner outing
Photos: Kareena Kapoor Khan's grand birthday bash
Photos: Salman Khan, Daisy Shah spotted at the Mumbai airport
Photos: Rakhi Sawant to play Honeypreet in Ram Rahim biopic