E-paper
PrevNext

47 resident doctors suffer food poisoning at Sion Hospital

About 47 resident doctors were admitted at the Sion hospital after they complained of vomit and diarrhea. Authorities suspect sweets distributed at the hospital's canteen to be a cause.

The doctors started fealing uneasy after 12.00 noon on Friday post their breakfast at the canteen. The contractor who is appointed by the BMC gives these doctors breakfast free of cost but since it was Independence Day, there were sweets prepared out of Khava which were brought from Sion Koliwada. About 150 doctors had consumed these sweets out of which 47 complained of health issues, which the authorities at the hospital assume, happened after eating them.

Sanjay Deshmukh, Additional Municipal Commissioner, said, “I paid a visit to see if all was fine and was told by the Dean there that they were all stable and there was nothing to worry about. However I have loged a complaint at the Sion police station about the same and investigations have begun as to whose mistake it was. We could not give any samples for testing as all of the sweets were consumed.”

You May Like

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply