Holi-defied: 5 places to travel during long Holi weekend
Palolem beach, Goa
Another long weekend is just round the corner and you all must be making your last minute plans. Those who are still confused about where to go and how to utilize the 3-day Holi long weekend, we have sorted out the problem for you. Here is a list of 5 destinations near Mumbai which can be included in your list of upcoming long weekend plan:
1. Goa: Freckled with beaches and churches, Goa is an all-time paradise for all. Goa is situated around 609 km from Mumbai and can be reached by road, rail, and air. While the most popular beaches of Baga, Calangute, Anjuna and Colva are must visits, the secret hidden Palolem and Ashven beach should also be added in your list this time. Keep aside your work routine and relax on the sun-kissed beaches of Goa over a bottle of fenny and plate of seafood in this Holi holiday.
2. Udaipur: The shimmering Lake Pichola, the dazzling fortresses, the colourful markets, and delicious Rajasthani food, Udaipur, is an amalgamation of natural and manmade beauty. The Aravalli Hills at the backdrop of the royal city adds charm to its timeless beauty. Udaipur is situated nearly 616 km away from Mumbai. Apart from train and air, Udaipur can also be accessed by road. A short 2nights/3days trip to Udaipur is sufficient enough to explore its age old charms.
3. Aurangabad: Named after Mughal emperor Aurangzeb, Aurangabad is the prestigious land of two UNESCO world heritage sites, Ajanta and Ellora. The historical city is situated around 327km from Mumbai and can be reached via road, rail, and air. There are plenty of accommodation options in Aurangabad that promise a comfortable stay in the historical land.
Ellora caves, Aurangabad
4. Daman: Daman is the most sought after destination for weekend getaway from Mumbai. Daman is situated around 180 km away from Mumbai and can be easily accessed by road. Jampore Beach, Nani Daman and, Mirasol Lake Garden are some of the popular attraction sites in the union territory.
5. Gokoarna: A bit secluded and offbeat, Gokarna is a 12 hours road trip from Mumbai. If you are looking for a chilled out beach holiday, then include Gokarna in your bucket list for the upcoming Holi weekend. Accommodation in Gokarna is mostly in the form of thatched bamboo huts. Take a long stroll along the beaches, laze around in shacks, sip mocktails and watch the sun gradually hide behind the waves.
A short and sweet laid back vacation is definitely the best medicine to cure to week-long stress. Soothe your nerves and get yourself rejuvenateed and have a spectacular Holi holiday in these getaways near Mumbai.