It has been a month since news surfaced that the co-founder of a posh Andheri school had been booked for the alleged rape of a three-year-old. At the time, the police had claimed that the said accused - a Frenchman residing in India - was out of the country and would be picked up once he returns.
Turns out, he is still not back, but in the meantime, the MIDC police claim they have received an email from him that he is stuck abroad and would cooperate with the police in their investigation once he is back.
Sources said, "The school trip abroad, which the accused was a part of, came back last month, and we expected him to reach the city by June end, but he is yet to return."
However, the MIDC police, which is investigating the allegations of the mother of the girl that he raped her daughter around six months ago, recently received an email from the co-founder and faculty at the institution stating he would be "joining the investigations soon" but is currently tied up with important personal work. The accused stated that he was willing to be available for questioning once he is back in the city by mid-July, sources said.
On May 18, the MIDC police had booked one of the co-founders of the school under the stringent POCSO Act for allegedly sexually assaulting a three-year-old student.
The girl’s parents said they noticed a change in her behaviour and the fact that she was having difficulty in sitting and walking. It was only after they showed her the school’s website that she pointed to the photo of the co-founder.
A police official said, "The school and the alleged accused have denied the allegations against him. We are awaiting to question him, which will give us the clearer picture of the case." Repeated attempts to reach the school authorities yielded no results.
Watch video: When Mamta's topless photo created controversy
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr