London: An assault charge against pop star Justin Bieber related to a case in Toronto last year has been dropped.
Justin Bieber. Pic/Santa Banta
A driver who picked up Bieber, 20, and his entourage from a nightclub in December 2013 said one of the passengers struck him but a prosecutor said on Monday the evidence could not prove the singer was the assailant, reported BBC.
"There were a number of people in the vehicle seated behind the driver at the time of the incident and the Crown is not in a position to establish the identity of the person who came into contact with the complainant beyond a reasonable doubt based on the available evidence," the prosecutor said.
The singer has had multiple legal troubles over the past year but has avoided jail time. Last month he pleaded guilty in Florida to careless driving and resisting arrest in a deal that avoided a drugged-driving conviction.
He pleaded no contest to a vandalism charge in California in July for throwing eggs at a neighbour's house.
Birthday special: 14 Bollywood actors who made it big on TV
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Poonam Pandey, Sana Khan at fashion event
Photos: Rishi Kapoor, wife Neetu, daughter Riddhima at book launch
Photos: Sunny Leone, Shraddha Kapoor, Shriya Saran at Mumbai airport
How Angelic! 10 stunning pics of birthday girl Angelique Kerber