Surgeons had to perform an emergency c-section after the 24-year-old lady collapsed while buying more alcohol at an off-licence in Tomaszow.
According to hospital spokesman Wojciech Zawalski, the unborn baby was in severe risk of being poisoned to death, the Mirror reported.
He said that when the baby was born his heart was barely beating and he had 4.5g of alcohol in his bloodstream.
The baby, who was born two weeks premature, is now recovering in an intensive care incubator and is being weened off alcohol.
Photos: SRK does garba, Nawazuddin takes 'shower' in bathtub
Photos: Soha Ali Khan, Evelyn Sharma, Urvashi Rautela at Mumbai airport
Spotted: Lara Dutta, Mahesh Bhupathi with their daughter in Bandra
Photos: SRK, Tamannaah Bhatia, Varun Dhawan at Mehboob Studio
Birthday special: Sushant Singh Rajput's journey from TV to films