Chicago: A six-week-old baby in the US state Wisconsin had a lucky escape after her mother accidentally used vodka to mix the baby's formula, police said.
The baby had a blood alcohol level of 0.294, more than three times the legal limit for an adult driver, after receiving the vodka-tainted formula.
"I didn't know that the baby's father had emptied a water bottle in the kitchen and filled it with vodka before she used it to mix baby's formula, the 20-year-old mother was quoted as saying by Chicago Tribune.
Investigators believe it was a mistake and the girl's parents will not be charged for the alcohol incident, Kenosha police spokesman Bradley Hetlet said. Shortly after feeding the baby, she was pushing the girl in a stroller and noticed the baby was acting abnormally. The child's hands and toes were red, her eyes were partially closed and one of her legs was shaking, police said.
Several fights ensued between the girl's 22-year-old father and her mother, family members and police as rescue workers arrived and then rushed the baby to the intensive care unit of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, Hetlet said.
"The baby is going to be fine. This could have been tragic because when you hit .3 (blood alcohol level) normally it will cause you to pass out and at a point .4 you are dead," he said.
Inside Photos: Gauri Khan, Shweta Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai go glam!
Photos: Malaika Arora spotted at a salon in Bandra
Inside Photos: Malaika Arora, Kareena Kapoor Khan party with Isha Ambani
Photos: Deepika Padukone with father Prakash at Mumbai airport
Sachin Tendulkar, son Arjun join Aaditya Thackeray for cleanliness drive in Bandra