The Bangladesh Cricket Board on Monday banned international umpire Nadir Shah for 10 years after a sting operation by an Indian television channel found him apparently willing to fix matches for cash.
"Umpire Nadir Shah will not be considered for BCB retainership for 10 years," the board said in a statement.
"During this period he will not be eligible for any assignment under the jurisdiction of the BCB."
The announcement comes after the private India TV channel aired footage last October which appeared to show that the 49-year-old Shah was willing to give LBW (leg before wicket) decisions on demand.
Shah, who has stood in 40 one-day internationals and three Twenty20 internationals, was one of six umpires caught in the undercover investigation, including three from Sri Lanka and two from Pakistan.
The allegations were broadcast only days after the final of the World Twenty20 tournament in Sri Lanka.
Shah could not be contacted for comment after the BCB's announcement. He has previously branded the suggestion that he was open to bribery as "absolutely rubbish".
The ICC on Monday lauded the Bangladesh Cricket Board for imposing a 10-year ban on umpire Nadir Shah, who was caught negotiating money for favourable decisions in an Indian TV sting operation last year.
Nadir was banned but another umpire, Sharfuddoula Ibne Shahid Saikat, who was also shown in the sting, was absolved of the charges in an inquiry conducted by the BCB.
The governing body's chief executive David Richardson said "although the ICC was not directly involved in these cases", it was glad that action has been taken against corruption.
"The ICC takes no pleasure from the fact that an umpire has been found to have acted inappropriately and sanctioned accordingly, however, the decision reflects the commitment of the ICC and its Members to root out corruption from our Great Sport," he said in a statement.
"This decision also reiterates cricket's zero-tolerance approach towards corruption and should serve as a reminder to all stakeholders, be they umpires, players, curators or administrators of the risks and challenges the sport faces.
"We can only beat the corruptors by remaining vigilant and by following the procedures and protocols which are in place," he concluded.
In case of Shah, the BCB declared that he would not be considered by for retainership and would not be eligible for any assignment under the Board's jurisdiction for a 10 year period, in both cases effective immediately.
Saikat, however, was cleared of any misconduct and was therefore eligible to undertake match officiating under the BCB's jurisdiction immediately.
Photos: Amruta Fadnavis at a fashion and lifestyle exhibition
Photos: Sushmita Sen stuns in a black dress with thigh-high slit
Photos: Bhumi Pednekar, Saiyami Kher at a film screening in Mumbai
Dreaded dons! Meet Bollywood's gangster brigade
Photos: The story of Dawood Ibrahim's sister Haseena Parkar