Commenting on the controversy over Indian cricket team director Ravi Shastri abusing Wankhede Stadium curator Sudhir Naik for the nature of the pitch during the fifth one-dayer against South Africa, BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur said on Monday that the board needs to first look into the details of the incident before taking drastic action against anyone
BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur on Monday said that the board will look into the details about Indian Team Director Ravi Shastri's alleged confrontation with Wankhede Stadium curator Sudhir Naik ahead of the fifth and final ODI against South Africa on Sunday.
Thakur said that the Standard Operating Procedure will be followed just like it was done when Virat Kohli had abused a journalist of a leading national daily in Perth during World Cup, earlier this year.
"We will look into the details of Team Director (Shastri) allegedly confronting curator of Wankhede Stadium yesterday. We had done the same in (sic) Australia (without referring to incident of apparently Kohli and Indian journo). Same yardstick will be applied," Thakur told reporters yesterday.
Shastri did not like the flat track that was produced by former India opener Naik and he apparently expressed his displeasure at nature of the strip. The Team Director, allegedly used some harsh words and Naik also reacted sharply.
The curator, who has also been Zaheer Khan's coach, then reported the matter to the Mumbai Cricket Association. Thakur also said that 'Conflict of Interest' issue of the BCCI officials will be discussed at BCCI's AGM here on November 9.
"Conflict of Interest issue will be discussed at Annual General Meeting on November 9. We have already circulated to all associations a letter to come back with their suggestions.
About two new teams you will know after AGM. We are still deciding on how many players from suspended teams can be retained by the new teams," the secretary said.