Patna: Over 60 persons fell severely ill after consuming 'prasad' (food offered to God) at a village in Muzaffarpur district in Bihar, police said here today.
Forty of them were admitted to the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH) at Muzaffarpur city, where their condition was stated to be gradually stabilising.
The police said that no sooner had the people ate the prasad than they started vomiting and were immediately taken to the primary health centre and the hospital at Muzzafarpur city, Minapur additional SHO Madan Kumar Singh said.
SKMCH superintendent Gajendra Kumar Singh said it was a case of food poisoning and the condition of affected ones was improving after being administered life saving medicines.
'Look' how the Sheena Bora case has taken a toll on Indrani Mukerjea
Photos: Katrina Kaif, Parineeti Chopra, Shilpa Shetty's movie outing in Juhu
Birthday special: 14 Bollywood actors who made it big on TV
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Poonam Pandey, Sana Khan at fashion event
Photos: Rishi Kapoor, wife Neetu, daughter Riddhima at book launch