Patna: Over 60 persons fell severely ill after consuming 'prasad' (food offered to God) at a village in Muzaffarpur district in Bihar, police said here today.
Forty of them were admitted to the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH) at Muzaffarpur city, where their condition was stated to be gradually stabilising.
The police said that no sooner had the people ate the prasad than they started vomiting and were immediately taken to the primary health centre and the hospital at Muzzafarpur city, Minapur additional SHO Madan Kumar Singh said.
SKMCH superintendent Gajendra Kumar Singh said it was a case of food poisoning and the condition of affected ones was improving after being administered life saving medicines.
Photos: Urvashi Rautela, Zoya Afroz at an event in Delhi
Photos: Celebs look super sexy in racy gowns at Oscars after-party
Photos: Remembering first President of India - Rajendra Prasad
6 times famous people got into trouble because of number plates
Oscars 2017: Emma Stone, Nicole Kidman, other stars on red carpet