Chapra: Four members of a family were charred to death at Peerganj village in Saran district when a fire broke out at a thatched house late on Friday night, the police said on Saturday.
The fire broke out accidentally as a result of which four members were charred to death in their sleep, Superintendent of Police Satyaveer Singh said. The deceased were identified as Gudiya Devi (25) Ajit Kumar (7), Indrajit Kumar (4), and Khushbu Kumari (6), the SP said.
The reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, the SP added.
J. Jayalalithaa passes away: Her life in pictures
Photos: Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt at an awards show
Photos: Big B, Iulia Vantur at Himesh Reshammiya's album launch
Photos: Aamir Khan with 'Dangal' actresses at fashion show
Spotted: Twinkle Khanna, Shriya Saran at an event in Mumbai