On the 118th birth anniversary of the legendary filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock, we dig up some interesting facts that you might not have known about the 'Master of Suspense'
1. He always wore a suit on his film sets. When he was not shooting, he was a reclusive person. Hitchcock liked to spend his evenings with his wife Alma Reville.
2. Steven Spielberg has stated that Hitchcock is one of the biggest influences on his style of filmmaking.
3. Hitchcock directed eight different actors in Oscar-nominated performances: Laurence Olivier, Joan Fontaine, Judith Anderson, Albert Bassermann, Michael Chekhov, Claude Rains, Ethel Barrymore and Janet Leigh. Fontaine won an Oscar for ‘Suspicion’ (1941).
4. He hated the idea of shooting in outdoor locations. This was because he felt that he had better control over lighting and other factors. He preferred using technology in his later films than shooting outdoors.
5. The voice of the Jaws ride in Universal Studios is that of Alfred Hitchcock.
6. Walt Disney refused to allow him to film at Disneyland in the early 1960s because he made “that disgusting film” ‘Psycho’.
7. Hitchcock was a soccer fan. He subscribed to English papers when he stayed in Hollywood so that he could keep track of the results of English soccer club, West Ham United.
Watch video: Baahubali actress slaps actor for alleged groping
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr
Photos: 'Dangal' girls Sanya Malhotra, Fatima Sana Shaikh's dinner outing
Photos: Salman Khan, Daisy Shah spotted at the Mumbai airport
Photos: Rakhi Sawant to play Honeypreet in Ram Rahim biopic
Photos: Arvind Kejriwal asks Kamal Haasan to join politics
Photos: TV actress who played goddesses on the small screen