Kristen Stewart shot to fame after essaying the character of Bella Swan in the 'Twilight' film series. As the American actress celebrates her birthday today, we bring you 10 interesting facts about her life and career that you may not have known.
Kristen Stewart. Pic/Santa Banta
1. At the early age of 8, Kristen Stewart was discovered by a talent agent while she was singing in a school play. Although she went on to become an actress, she has performed her own vocals in two films: 'Into the Wild' (2007) and 'The Runaways' (2010).
2. Kristen replaced Hayden Panettiere for the role of Sarah Altman in 'Panic Room' (2002), also starring Jodie Foster. She ended up being nominated for a Young Artist Award for her performance in the film.
Jodie Foster and Kristen Stewart in a still from 'Panic Room'. Pic/YouTube
3. She was nominated four times, first for three consecutive years from 2003 to 2005, and then in 2008 for the Young Artist Award. She won in 2008 for her role in 'Into the Wild'.
4. Emile Hirsch, Kristen Stewart's co-star in 'Into the Wild' recommended her for the part of Bella in the 'Twilight' series.
Kristen Stewart and Emile Hirsch in a still from 'Into the Wild'. She performed her own vocals in the film. Pic/Santa Banta
5. Kristen Stewart had to wear brown contact lenses for 'Twilight' as she has naturally green eyes. She wore the brown-coloured contacts in the first four instalments of Twilight. In the fifth and final film, Kristen wore red and amber-coloured contacts as a vampire.
Kristen Stewart in 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2'. Pic/Santa Banta
6. To prepare for her role as a stripper in 'Welcome to the Rileys' in 2010, Kristen visited a strip club in New Orleans and learned to pole dance.
7. Kristen Stewart has three dogs: Bear, Bernie and Cole. She also has a cat named Jella, which coincidentally rhymes with her 'Twilight' character name Bella.
8. Kristen Stewart's family owns pet wolves.
9. After the release of 'The Twilight Saga: New Moon' (2009), Kristen Stewart was called for jury duty in Los Angeles for a case involving alleged prostitution.
10. Kristen Stewart was 22 when Forbes named her the highest paid actress in 2012, with total earnings of 34.5 million dollars.
SRK-Gauri anniversary: B-Town stars and their non-filmi better halves
Birthday special: Popular mothers and daughters in Bollywood
Spotted: 'Kaabil' star Hrithik Roshan with dad Rakesh Roshan
'Rock On 2' trailer launch: Farhan, Shraddha enthrall audience with live gig
Photos: Deepika Padukone, Sushmita Sen with daughters at Mumbai airport