Did you know Brad Pitt is related to US President Barack Obama? As the Oscar-winner turns 52 today, we recap some interesting facts about the Hollywood heartthrob
Brad Pitt. Pic/Santa Banta
1. Brad was born William Bradley Pitt. His mother was a school counselor and his father ran a trucking company.
2. Brad Pitt studied journalism at the University of Missouri but dropped out two weeks shy of graduation. He moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting and took up odd jobs.
3. Initially, Brad made several uncredited appearances, including one as a partygoer in Robert Downey Jr's 'Less Than Zero' in 1987.
4. He made his television debut in 1987 with a role on the NBC soap opera 'Another World'.
5. After playing supporting roles in films and making guest appearances on television, Brad Pitt gained recognition with his role in Ridley Scott's film 'Thelma & Louise' in 1991. Brad, however, was not the first choice for the film. He got the role after Billy Baldwin dropped out to do 'Backdraft'.
6. Brad Pitt had his front teeth chipped for the role of Tyler Durden in 'Fight Club'. He had them restored after the film's shooting was complete.
7. US President Barack Obama is a distant cousin of Brad Pitt, according to researchers at the New England Historic Genealogical Society.
8. Brad Pitt has several tattoos, including one with the initials of his wife Angelina Jolie and six kids - Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, and twins Vivienne and Knox.
9. Brad Pitt has a private pilot's licence for flying single-engine planes.
10. 10 years after 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith', Brad Pitt and his wife Angelina Jolie reunited on the big screen in the romantic drama 'By the Sea' (2015).