Birthday special: Interesting trivia on Indian cricketer Pravin Amre
Mumbai: As Indian cricketer Pravin Amre celebrates his 46th birthday today, we bring you some interesting facts and figures about the former Indian batsman.
Pravin Amre. Pic/ Suresh K.K.
- Pravin Amre’s full name is Pravin Kalyan Amre.
- He played 11 Test matches and 37 ODI’s.
- He scored a century on his Test debut on foreign soil with his knock of 103 runs against South Africa in Durban 1992-93. In doing so, he became the ninth player to have achieved this feat.
- He scored a half-century on his ODI debut which was also against South Africa in 1991.
- He held the record for the highest individual score (246 runs) in the Irani Cup which was later broken by Murali Vijay’s 266 runs in 2012.
- Besides playing for various domestic teams such as Mumbai, Rajasthan, Bengal and Railways, he also played for Boland in South Africa.
- Pravin Amre was coached by Ramakanth Achrekar, who also coached players like Sachin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli.