Boney Kapoor and Sridevi along with their daughters Janhvi and Khushi will soon start househunting as the blaze has almost destroyed their home. Sources state the second floor of their bungalow was entirely gutted because of the fire that broke out on Saturday evening in their Lokhandwala residence.
Says a source, “The home is now inhabitable. It will have to be redone entirely which will take months. Though they spent the night at Boney’s brother Sanjay Kapoor’s home, they cannot all live there for long due to space constraints.”
The source adds, “Sridevi has lost her entire wardrobe in the blaze. What has even greatly upset the actress is that her art collection has been gutted in the fire. All her artworks done by her including a painting of her favourite performer Michael Jackson have been destroyed.”
Looking at the situation, the possibility of the Kapoors moving back has been ruled out. They now have no option, but to look for another place to stay.
The fire was caused due to a short circuit in the air-conditioner in Sridevi’s bedroom. Thanks to her presence of mind that she immediately switched off the mains of their residence, and the fire did not spread to the other parts of the house.
At the time the mishap took place, Sridevi, her mother-in-law and her daughters were at home besides their pet dogs.
Photos: Shah Rukh Khan, Shweta Bachchan at Karan Johar's book launch
Photos: Sunny Deol with sons Karan and Rajvir at Mumbai airport
Photos: 10 beautiful moments that capture winter around the world
Photos: Karisma Kapoor, Preity Zinta, Shraddha Kapoor at Mumbai airport
Spotted: Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh at Mumbai studio