London: The UK Foreign Office said late Saturday it was "working urgently to verify" a video purporting to show beheading of a British hostage by the Sunni militant group Islamic State (IS) in Syria, media reported.
The foreign office said that it was trying to confirm the authenticity of the video purporting to show the death of aid worker David Haines, who was kidnapped last year in Syria, Xinhua reported.
If true it was another "disgusting murder", the Foreign Office said, adding that it was offering support to Haines' family.
IS group, running amok in Syria and Iraq, has already beheaded two US journalists and had threatened to kill Haines if US airstrikes in Iraq were not halted.
Photos: Kareena Kapoor Khan and Aamir Khan at Mumbai airport
Photos: SRK, wife Gauri, Aishwarya Rai, Shweta Bachchan at Vogue Awards
Photos: Harbhajan Singh-Geeta Basra's TV outing with daughter Hinaya
Photos: Malaika Arora flaunts ripped jeans like a boss!
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Dia Mirza sizzle on the ramp