Buffalo falls into septic tank adjoining public toilet in Kalyan

Aug 10, 2017, 10:15 IST | Faisal Tandel

A buffalo out grazing in Kalyan bit off more than he could chew when he wandered too close to a public toilet and fell into the septic tank. The animal was stuck there for close to an hour

The buffalo was rescued in less than an hour after it fell into the septic tank
The buffalo was rescued in less than an hour after it fell into the septic tank

A buffalo out grazing in Kalyan bit off more than he could chew when he wandered too close to a public toilet and fell into the septic tank. The animal was stuck there for close to an hour but was swiftly rescued upon the arrival of the fire brigade.

The incident took place on Wednesday morning, when a villager from Kalyan, R Patil, was out grazing his five buffaloes when one of them fell into the tank in front of Birla college. "The incident took place at 11:30 am. We arrived at the spot to see that the buffalo was stuck in a septic tank adjoining an old public toilet. The slab covering the tank was old, and it collapsed when the buffalo stepped anon it. We rescued it within half an hour," said Namdev Chaudhari, station officer, Kalyan Fire Brigade.

Also read - Thane: Four held for transporting buffalo for slaughter

JCB brought in
The buffalo was lifted out of the pit with the help of a JCB earthmover, to which it was tied with a rope. The JCB was arranged by the owner of the buffalo, who called for it before the fire brigade got there. He also helped in the rescue process.

Also read - Mumbai: 7 grazing water buffaloes crushed under mail train

"When we reached the spot, there was already a JCB standing there. We tied a rope to the JCB and tied the other end to the front and hind quarters of the animal before pulling him out. It was a 10-foot hole, but we removed him without any injuries," said fireman Abdul Rauf Shemle.

Also read: Super buffalo 'Yuvraj' costs a whopping Rs 9.25 crore. Here's why

Not so lucky
In another incident on Monday night, two buffaloes suffered an electric shock when a wire collapsed on them in Goveli village in Titwala.

10ft
Depth of the septic tank


You may also like - Photos: This hot police officer showing off ripped body is going viral
Photos: This hot police officer showing off ripped body is going viral

Trending Video

Watch Video: Youngsters fall to their death at Amboli Ghat

 

Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr

Go to top