The 13-year-old girl and 18-year-old boy from Gurgaon, who had fled to Ahmedabad for fun, landed up in Bandra terminus after boarding the wrong train on the way back; caught by a ticket checker, they consumed a stick of
A very young couple’s idea of adventure nearly cost them their lives last week.
An 18-year-old boy and his 13-year-old girlfriend fled their houses in Farrukhnagar town in Haryana’s Gurgaon district to explore other cities. Their affair had been going on for a year and the girl’s family members were opposed to it because the boy is from a backward class.
When the ticket checker at Bandra terminus stops the girl, the boy, who was in hiding, comes out to explain that they do not have tickets
The TC asks them to follow him to the station master’s office. The boy and the girl, who are shivering out of fear by now, take out the insecticide chalk and eat it
When he realises what has happened, the TC panics and alerts the station master and the Bandra GRP
At Bhabha Hospital, doctors tell the police that the insecticide was poisonous, but not deadly. The boy and the girl are given medication and declared fit. Illustration/ Amit Bandre
They caught a train picked at random at New Delhi station and reached Ahmedabad, where they spend their days roaming the streets and sampling the food, and the nights at the station. In two days, they exhausted the R1,700 the girl had brought with her and a comparable amount the boy had, and decided to head back home.
Without realising it, they took a train in the wrong direction and landed up at Bandra terminus. Seeing a ticket checker at the end of the platform, the boy decided to hide and asked the girl to walk ahead, assuming that the checker would not ask a child for her ticket. When the TC stopped the girl, however, the boy came out of hiding and told the checker that they did not have tickets.
The TC asked them to accompany him to the station master’s office. The couple were shivering by now, afraid of the consequences of getting caught. They took out a stick of poisonous chalk, used to kill cockroaches and ants, and wolfed it down. When the TC realised what had happened, he alerted the station master and the GRP, and the couple was immediately taken to Bhabha Hospital in Bandra.
After conducting tests, the doctors told the police that the chalk was poisonous but not deadly, and that the duo would be fine. After they were given medicines, they were asked by the Bandra GRP about what had happened, and they told the police everything.
Meanwhile, back in Gurgaon, the girl’s parents had filed a complaint at Farrukhnagar police station. When Farrukhnagar police were alerted, officials from there, along with the fathers of the boy and the girl, came to take the couple back.
A kidnapping case was filed against the boy and he was arrested. “The girl may have also been raped by the boy.
The Farrukhnagar police will investigate and act accordingly,” said an official from Bandra GRP.
Photos: Shraddha Kapoor, Kim Sharma at 'Haseena Parkar' screening
Mumbai to Goa train: First look at the glass-top Vistadome coach
Shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa keeps it short and sexy on social media
Photos: Narendra Modi, others at Marshal Arjan Singh's funeral
Photos: Sussanne Khan and Nimrat Kaur spotted at a spa in Juhu