The Central Railway (CR) has decided to operate a 72-hour traffic block on Up and Dn Harbour lines in two phases from February 19th to February 21st in connection with the extension of platform 1 and 2 at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) station to run 12-car local trains.
While Western Railway (WR) and CR's Main line run 12- and 15-car rakes, Harbour line commuters still travel on 9-car coaches.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus currently caters to 1,647 suburban train services and approximately 50 long distance trains. Pic/Datta Kumbhar
The extension project will be carried out by Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation.
This upgrade will boost carrying capacity by 33 per cent. The Rs 800-crore project will involve several improvements to CST, as well as the extension of Harbour line platforms (number 2 and 3) by 65 meters.
The last such major block was in August 2009, when services were halted for 48 hours as the 141-year-old Masjid Road Over Bridge was demolished. Recently, an 18-hour block was executed during the demolition of the Hancock bridge.
The mega block was earlier planned between February 12 and 14, but was postponed with senior officials claiming that the most likely reason being the 'Make In India' week that started from February 13, which Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended in Mumbai along with foreign delegates.
The details of the block are as follows:
CST-Cross Over Point to CST Platform No.2 Dead-end
From 01.30 hrs on 19.2.2016 to 01.30 hrs 0n 22.2.2016 – 72 hrs
PHASE - I
RUNNING OF HARBOUR LINE SERVICES ON 19.2.2016 (Friday)
Platform No.1 will be available from 04.40 hrs on 19.2.2016 (Friday morning) to 01.00 hrs on 20.2.2016 (Friday/Saturday night). All Harbour line services arriving / leaving CST will be received and dispatched from platform No.1.
· First Dn local from CST towards western suburb will be Bandra local leaving CST at 05.04 hrs
· First Dn local from CST towards Navi Mumbai will be Panvel local leaving CST at 05.08 hrs
· First Up local from western suburb towards CST will leave from Bandra at 04.30 hrs
· First Up local from Navi Mumbai towards CST will leave from Belapur at 04.01 hrs
· Last Up local from Western suburb towards CST will leave from Andheri at 23.26 hrs
· Last Up local from Navi Mumbai towards CST will leave from Panvel at 23.20 hrs
· Last Dn local from CST will be Bandra local leaving CST at 00.41 on 19/20.2.2016 (Fri-Sat night).
· Vadala Road terminating / originating services and Panvel – Andheri services will run as per schedule.
On February 19, 2016, Up and Dn Harbour line services arriving/leaving CST will run 3 to 5 minutes behind schedule and will run 445 services as against the schedule of 590 services.
PHASE – II
BETWEEN CST (PF NO. 1 & 2) AND VADALA ROAD (EXCLUDING)
FROM 01.30 HRS ON 20.2.2016 TO 01.30 HRS ON 22.2.2016
RUNNING OF HARBOUR LINE SERVICES ON 20.2.2016 & 21.2.2016
The Harbour line Timetable will remain suspended on both the days. No services will be available between CST and Wadala Road.
However, special services will run between Wadala Road and Navi Mumbai / Bandra on both days at a frequency of 8 minutes between wadala Road – Panvel, at a frequency of 32 minutes between Wadala Road – Belapur and Wadala Road- Vashi, at a frequency of 16 minutes between Wadala Road – Bandra. In an hour, 15 special services will run to and from Vadala Road during peak hours and 12 during Non-peak hours.
· In all 486 special services will run on both the days.
· Harbour line passengers are permitted to travel via Thane/Kurla/Dadar on both the days.
· No Mega block will be operated on Main Line on 21.2.2016.
· On 21.2.2016 (Sunday), the services on Trans-Harbour line will run as per weekly schedule i.e. 232 services as against 210 services.
· On 21.2.2016, the services on Main line will run as per weekly schedule i.e. 825 services will run as against 626 services scheduled on Sunday.
On 22.2.2016 Monday the suburban services will run as per schedule.
Photos: Harbhajan Singh-Geeta Basra's TV outing with daughter Hinaya
Photos: Malaika Arora flaunts ripped jeans like a boss!
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Dia Mirza sizzle on the ramp
Photos: Kalki Koechlin, Konkana Sen Sharma at a bash in Mumbai
Photos: Akshay Kumar, Aarav, Sonam Kapoor at Mumbai airport