Berlin: Five facts on Bayern Munich who beat Manchester United on Wednesday to reach the Champions League semi-finals:
1. Bayern are into the semi-finals for a third year in a row. They have reached 10 European Cup or Champions League finals and won the title five times.
2. The German champions are now unbeaten in five home games against Manchester United. They have won three and drawn two.
3. Bayern goalscorer Mario Mandzukic became the first Croat to score in a Champions League final when Bayern beat Borussia Dortmund last year. The 27-year-old is said to be wanted by Chelsea and Arsenal for next season. Thomas Mueller, who hit the second, won the Golden Boot for the top scorer at the 2010 World Cup finals.
4. The German side have now drawn the first leg 1-1 in European competition 12 times and won each time. They had 65% of the possession against Manchester United, but that is down from their Champions League season average of more than 70%.
5. Bayern coach Pepe Guardiola did not lose in nine home games against English clubs when player and coach at Barcelona.