The former couple was spotted at LA court on Tuesday, where the judge was set to give his verdict on whether Richards would continue to care for four-year-old Bob and Max during Mueller’s stay in the treatment center, the New York Daily News reported.
Mueller’s rep told the publication that the 35-year-old mother of Sheen’s sons admitted herself in to a rehab last week for “prescription drug abuse”. The L.A. County of Department of Children and Family Services removed her kids from her house on May 2, claiming that it was an “unsafe environment.”
According to a TMZ, the judge is “allowing Richards to keep the kids for now”. The ‘Two and a Half Men’ star’s rep released a statement to the tabloid, shortly after his children were taken from Mueller’s home, and said that the actor supports the actions of the child protection services.
The rep added that the Sheen knows the children are safe and in a stable, loving environment with his former wife and the boys’ sisters. The agent further added that Sheen would fully cooperate and participate in all proceedings.