Chef Ranveer Brar's recipe for Roasted Sweet Potato and Cheese Tater Tots
Recently Ranveer Brar has shared the recipe of Roasted Sweet Potato and Cheese Tater Tots, and we thought to bring it forward...
Roasted Sweet Potato and Cheese Tater Tots. Pic couretsy/Ranveer Brar's official Facebook account
Born in Lucknow, India and inspired by the local kebab vendors, Ranveer Brar is now a popular Indian chef who hosts and judges cooking shows in India television. A successful chef at the age of 25, Ranveer Brar recently opened an all-vegetarian restaurant called TAG Gourmart Kitchen in the happening locality of Lower Parel, Mumbai. Brar is also known to share a host of interesting recipes and easy-to-make dishes for food lovers.
Recently Ranveer Brar has shared the recipe of Roasted Sweet Potato and Cheese Tater Tots, and we thought to bring it forward. Grab few potatoes, spices and cheese and hit the kitchen to cook this delectable snack:
• 500 gms sweet potato, boiled, grated
• 100 gms cheese, grated
• 1 tsp red chili powder
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 2 spring onion, chopped
• 1 cup cornflakes, blend them into crumb
• Salt to taste
• 1 tbsp olive oil to drizzle on top
1. Preheat oven to 230 degree C and line a baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, add cheese, onion, salt, red chilli powder and garlic powder to potato and stir to combine.
3. Scoop up about a tbsp of the potato mixture into your hands and shape into a cylinder about 1 inch long. Roll in the cornflakes crumb and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the tater tots. Bake for 15 minutes, flip them over and bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
Serve with desired sauce.
The recipe is sourced from Ranveer Brar's official Facebook account