Thimphu: A four-year-old boy in Bhutan's Paro district suffocated to death after his younger sister locked him accidentally inside a showcase while they were playing, police said.
The incident occurred earlier this week, the country's official newspaper Kuensel reported Thursday.
According to police, the children's mother was sleeping when the incident took place. Her husband had gone to town to withdraw money from an ATM.
The boy was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead due to suffocation.
Police have ruled out foul play.
Photos: 'Rock On 2' stars Farhan, Shraddha on 'Yaaron Ki Baraat'
Photos: Ajay Devgn launches 'Shivaay' comics at Mumbai Comic Con
Photos: WWE star Sheamus and John Abraham clash in Mumbai
Umesh Yadav's birthday: Indian cricketers and their tales of struggle
Photos: Raveena Tandon, husband Anil Thadani's dinner date in Bandra