Dacoits tie up family, loot cash and gold

Businessman Manojkumar Jain (43) was grievously injured in an attack by a gang of six dacoits in the wee hours yesterday. The incident occurred at the victim’s Durgavihar Niwas Society flat at Ashirwad Colony in Transport Nagar, Nigdi. The offenders entered the apartment by cutting the grills of a window and threatened to kill the family, including Jain’s two daughters.

The victim has been admitted to a private hospital in Nigdi for further treatment. His 22-year-old daughter Shreshta has lodged a complaint against six unknown persons. According to her, Jain, his wife Babita (42), and daughters Shreshta and Yamini (15) were sleeping in their rooms at the time. Around 3.30 am, six dacoits stole into the building premises and after then entered Jain’s flat. The miscreants had their faces covered with handkerchiefs.

Breaking and entering: The incident occurred at Manojkumar Jain’s Durgavihar Niwas Society flat at Ashirwad Colony in Transport Nagar, Nigdi.

The crooks then tied up the hands and legs of the family members and threatened to kill them if they cried out for help or informed the police. They also hit Jain on his head with a hammer and stabbed him in his thighs with a sharp weapon. The dacoits asked the businessman to hand over the cash and gold ornaments in the house. They took a gold ring worn by Shreshta, apart from Rs 20,000 in cash and some other jewellery.

Jain is receiving treatment at a local private hospital

The gang then locked the family in their house and fled in the direction of Pune-Mumbai Expressway. The Jains shouted for help, after which the businessman’s brother who stays on the upper floor of the same building rushed to their aid.

The crooks entered the apartment by cutting the iron grills on a window

Cops were contacted after which superintendent of police (Pune rural) Manojkumar Lohiya, inspector Ram Jadhav of Dehuroad police station, inspector Nandkumar Bhosale-Patil of Nigdi police station and inspector Rajendra Patil of Talegaon police station rushed to the spot. The officers recovered bloodstained gloves from the building premises. 

    Leave a Reply