Deepika Padukone sets eye make-up trend, here're a few you can try
Be the rainbow in the rains with colours popping on your lids, one of the hottest beauty trends this season
The hottest trend in make-up this season is pop-coloured eye makeup. Everything from smokey eyes to winged eyeliner stays the same, but with a quirky twist. Here's a quick lesson on how you can be fashion forward - eye make-up wise.
Two-tone smokey eyes
Perfect for a night out, add a tinge of a bright shade to your smokey eye. For a bolder look, create it with a shade other than black or charcoal. Alberta Ferretti, Fall/Winter 2017/18, Milan.
Both drugstore and luxury beauty brands are buzzing with coloured mascaras. This is a day look that can be perfected in a jiffy while at work. Nishka Lulla, Summer/Resort 2017, Mumbai.
The reverse route
Do the reverse smokey eye by lining your lower lash line with the flick smudged on the ends. Match it with your lippie for extra glam. Valentino, Fall/Winter 2017/18, Milan.
Pop colour eyes can look delicate too. All you need to do is draw two flicks with a pencil and add a swish in a contrasting colour. Prabal Gurung, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring/ Summer 2018, Berlin.
Love the winged eyeliner look? Go the rockstar route with an amped up, metallic, colourful winged eye instead. Rebekka Ruetz, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/Summer 2018, Berlin.
Va Va vamp
Take notes from Deepika Padukone on getting matchy-matchy right. Pick the same colour as your solid-coloured outfit and create an extreme smokey eye to look like a star. Cannes red carpet, 2017.
How to do it right
- If the colour on your lid is bold, pick an outfit in a solid colour so your whole look is not jarring.
- Go neutral with the lip colour; the goal is to make your eyes stand out.
- The easiest way to get this look right is to go with neutral tones that won't clash with loud eyes.
- Understand the undertone [the colour under your skin's surface; warm or cool tone] of your skin, you might have the same colour tone as the model on the ramp but your undertone might be different. Getting this right will make it a lot easier to pick the right colour and pair it with your outfit. [Check the veins on your wrist; if they are blue, your undertone is cool, if it veers towards green, your skin has a warm undertone]
- Colours such as soft pinks, golds and greys help soften your face, whereas blacks and blues make it more edgy. - Fashion designer Shehla Khan
Ghatkopar building collapse: Here's why the tragedy occurred
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr