PrevNext

Did Ackruti ignore fire brigade notice?

Short circuit is likely to be the reason behind the Ackruti Trade Centre firm

Short circuit could be the reason behind the second massive fire that broke out at Ackruti builder's registered office in Hubtown building (formerly known as Ackruti Trade Centre) MIDC, Andheri (east) last Friday.

Four months ago, when the office was burnt down, the fire brigade had sent the company a notice to replace the wires in the false ceiling.



The fire brigade is still investigating the cause of the fire at the sixth and seventh floor of the building.

However, officials claim that it most likely occurred due to a short circuit. "The fire completely burnt down all the documents and furniture on the sixth floor and we have been able to salvage 50 per cent things on the seventh floor," said a senior fire brigade official. He further said that if short circuit is the reason behind the fire, then it means that Ackruti builders have not taken cognisance of the notice given to them earlier and the fire brigade would send them a notice to follow the fire safety recommendations within a month.

"They said they had replaced the wires but we will have to check again," the official said.

Chief Fire Officer H N Muzawar said, "Investigations are still on and we will have to go through the previous reports. We are taking all required precautions as it was a major fire."

Navin Soni, an official from Hubtown, told Sunday MiD DAY that they haven't assessed the losses, as they were not permitted to enter the office. "We had replaced the wires after the fire in August. Fire brigade officials are investigating the cause of the fire and we are awaiting the report," he said.

You May Like

MORE FROM JAGRAN

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply