Djokovic, Serena remain on top of tennis rankings
Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic maintained his place at No.1 in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) men's singles rankings released on Monday with 13,845 points
Madrid: Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic maintained his place at No.1 in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) men's singles rankings released on Monday with 13,845 points. American tennis player Serena Williams also held on to the lead in the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) rankings released on Monday with 12,721 points.
Spain's Rafael Nadal advanced to ninth after winning the Hamburg Open on Sunday over Italy's Fabio Fognini, reports Efe.
Croatian Marin Cilic bumped up from ninth to eighth while Canada's Milos Raonic gave up his No.8 spot and now sits at No.10.
The women's rankings were unchanged this week as Russia's Maria Sharapova retained her second place followed by Romania's Simona Halep, reports Efe.
The top-10 ranked men in tennis:
1. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 13,845 points
2. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 9,665
3. Andy Murray (Scotland) 7,840
4. Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) 5,790
5. Kei Nishikori (Japan) 5,525
6. Tomas Berdych (Czech) 5,140
7. David Ferrer (Spain) 4,325
8. Marin Cilic (Croatia) 3,495
9. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 3,410
10. Milos Raonic (Canada) 3,400.
The top-10 rankings in women's tennis:
1. Serena Williams (US) 12,721 points
2. Maria Sharapova (Russia) 6,490
3. Simona Halep (Romania) 5,151
4. Petra Kvitova (Czech) 5,000
5. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 4,910
6. Ana Ivanovic (Serbia) 3,765
7. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 3,560
8. Lucie Safarova (Czech) 3,515
9. Garbine Muguruza (Spain) 3,320
10. Carla Suarez (Spain) 3,285.