'Don 3 is back on track finally'
Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra-starrer 'Don' and its second installment 'Don 2' will return with a third outing
Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra
Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra-starrer 'Don' (2006) and its second installment 'Don 2' (2011) will return with a third outing. Co-producer Ritesh Sidhwani says, "We are thinking about [making] Don 3. We have found the right idea and it's being written now. We will make an official announcement soon,"
Sidhwani however stated that cinephiles will have to "wait for the announcement" to know if Khan and Chopra will headline the cast, and if director-producer Farhan Akhtar will return for the third installment.
Akhtar and Sidhwani's production company, Excel Entertainment, had bought the rights of the Amitabh Bachchan-starrer 1978 film. Speculations about the third part had been rife ever since 'Don 2' hit screens in 2011.
Meanwhile, Sidhwani is happy with the string of films being created under his banner. The producer said, "We will start shooting for Reema Kagti's 'Gold' by the end of the month, while 'Fukrey 2' is ready, and set for a December 8 release. The trailer will be out soon. Then, we have a web show that Zoya Akhtar and Reema are doing. It's called 'Made In Heaven', and is about weddings in Delhi."
Sidhwani's team is also working on the adaptation of the novel, 'Taj: A Story Of Mughal India'. "We have acquired the rights of Timeri N Muraris's novel. It's a royal drama. It' a massive project and will take at least a year to write, and another to make. It's going to be our flagship show," he said.
Shocking! Ram Gopal Varma shares 'vulgar' photo of Sania Mirza
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr