An alleged alcoholic sustained grievous injuries after falling from the balcony of his seventh floor flat in Parel late last night. He was rushed to KEM Hospital, where he was declared critical.
As per preliminary investigation, Anil Chavan (52), a resident of Katardevi Adarsh Society in Parel, was leaning on the 3-ft-high railing of his flat’s balcony around 11 pm, smoking a cigarette and talking to his 15-year-old daughter when he lost his grip and fell.
As his daughter yelled for help, Chavan’s nephew, who was on the ground floor, looked up and saw him falling. Chavan was rushed to KEM Hospital. "His rib cage was shattered and he may have sustained some internal injuries in the head as well,” said a doctor last night.
AâÂÂKalachowky police SIâÂÂsaid Chavan had had a few drinks in him before he moved out into the balcony. Chavan's family has claimed that he was an alcoholic. "Since he is still unconscious, we haven’t been able to taken down his statement. We are looking into all angles, including suspicions of foul play," said a Kalachowky police officer.
Spotted: Sridevi's daughter Jhanvi Kapoor in Bandra
Photos: Kajol, Sridevi, Raveena Tandon at Mumbai airport
Photos: Akshay Kumar, Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh at Umang 2017
Photos: Sunny Leone, Shah Rukh Khan on Salman Khan's 'Bigg Boss 10'
Birth anniversary special: Remembering Subhas Chandra Bose