Elderly Malad woman charred to death after night gown catches fire in kitchen

A 73-year-old resident of Kandivali West died in a fire accident on Friday. The deceased identified as Joshnaben Laxmikant Shah, was a resident of Sky High building at Shankar Lane.

The tragedy took place while she was boiling water in her kitchen, when her gown accidentally caught fire. Although she was rushed to a private hospital nearby, she suffered 80 per cent burns.

Malad police registered a case of accidental death and are investigating the further. According to senior inspector Shashank Shambhore, “The incident took place on Friday at 2.30 pm when Joshnaben was boiling water for cough relief and her gown caught fire.

Her son, Rajendra and their maid were present at home. They tried their best to save her and admitted her to the ICCU but she succumbed to her injuries.”

You May Like



    Leave a Reply