The Bhatts are going all out to build up some mystery about their young debutant who will star in 'Jannat 2'
The element of surprise these days in Bollywood seems to have become the debutant. Following in the footsteps of Nargis Fakhri, who was kept 'under wraps' by filmmaker Imitiaz Ali before the release of Rockstar, is Esha Gupta.
Esha Gupta will be seen in 'Jannat 2' and 'Raaz 3'
The newbie -- who has just finished shooting for Jannat 2 and has begun shooting for another Bhatt production Raaz 3 -- has apparently been asked to keep a low profile till the release of both films.
Says a source, "The producers have advised Esha to stay away from the media as they are keen that her first look hits the screens before she starts making public appearances and giving interviews."
Her spokesperson confirms that she has been asked to maintain a low profile till her movies release. The production team has apparently ensured that visitors are kept off the sets, and Raaz 3 director Vikram Bhatt is making sure that things go according to plans.
Nargis Fakhri who was seen in 'Rockstar'
Esha's costume designers and hair and make-up team have also been told to stay tight-lipped about the actress as well as her look in the films.
Incidentally, Esha had replaced Jacqueline Fernandez in Raaz 3 after the latter decided to opt out of doing steamy scenes for the project (apparently at the behest of her 'good friend' director Sajid Khan).
The Bhatts are not known to be reticent in the industry and withhold information. But they are now keen to divulge nothing more than necessary in order to keep that surprise element for the audience.
Several filmmakers have followed this path when they have launched new comers and now they are following too. Let's just hope the 'surprise' this time is worth the wait!
In the past...
Many filmmakers have issued diktats to newcomers to stay away from attention till the film releases...
* Director Imtiaz Ali did not want swimsuit model Nargis Fakhri who he launched in Rockstar to be in media glare. But her public appearances with co-star Ranbir Kapoor made the filmmaker's plans come to naught. The director had apparently then given the newbie a stern warning.
* Imtiaz Ali had also gone to great lengths to hide his Love Aaj Kal second lead, Brazilian babe Giselli Monteiro till the film's release. She, too, was issued a warning by the filmmaker to stay away from the press.
* Yash Raj kept their Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi girl Anushka Sharma under wraps till the movie was ready to hit the marquee.
* Similarly their Band Baaja Baraat find Ranveer Singh, too, was kept away from prying eyes till the film released to surprise the audience
* Earlier Sanjay Leela Bhansali also had issued diktats to Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor to keep a low-profile till their debut flick Saawariyaa released.