Fifty-three people with symptoms of food poisoning were admitted to V N Desai hospital, at Santacruz on Tuesday. The cause of poisoning was the food served at a wedding reception, which was consumed by all the victims on Monday night. Doctors at the BMC-run periphery hospital confirmed that the condition of all victims is stable. According to sources, the wedding function was held at Kherwadi in Bandra east.
According to doctors, the first few cases came in at around 6 am and steadily increased throughout the day taking the number to 53. The doctors soon realised that most people most of them women showed similar symptoms such as vomiting, uneasiness, loose motions and stomach ache.
Around 41 victims have been admitted to the hospital and 12 others were discharged on OPD (Out Patient Department) basis. Out of the 41 patients admitted to the hospital, 22 are women, 16 men and three children (2 boys and 1 girl). Hospital sources claimed that all of them are residents of Santacruz but belong to different pockets of the suburb. “Condition of all patients is stable right now. We will keep them under observation and discharge them as required,” said Dr Avinash Dhale, on duty medical officer at V N Desai hospital.
Spotted: Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma and other celebs at Mumbai airport
Photos: Salman Khan's 'special friend' Iulia Vantur at a song launch
Photos: Hrithik Roshan, Anushka Sharma, other celebs dazzle at event
In Pictures: Sex scandals involving Indian politicians
Photos: Abhishek Bachchan and Farah Khan at Boman Irani's birthday bash