Fashion: 4 cool ways to style your hair like celebs do this summer
Kangana Ranaut. Illustration/Uday Mohite
Kangana's Loose Wisp Bun
- Start by texturising the hair with mousse and styling cream, and pull the hair into a loose low ponytail.
- Divide the pony into two parts and create a knot with one part. Wrap the second section around it.
- Use the end of a tail comb to release some strands from the bun and create loose wisps. Fix the look with hairspray.
Jacqueline Fernandez. Illustration/Uday Mohite
Jacqueline's Cornrows braid
- Part your hair in two sections. Divide each section into three smaller sections and start making an inverted French braid (cross the left and right sections under the middle section instead of over it). Keep adding hair to the sections as you go down. You can spray your hair with a little water to make the braiding process easier and neater.
- Once done, connect the two braids by twisting them together and securing them with a few bobby pins.
- Use hairspray to settle the flyaway strands.
Deepika Padukone. Illustration/Uday Mohite
Deepika's Inverted Braid Bun
- Create this look with dry hair, as it's far easier to braid.
- Clip the front section/fringe from ear-to-ear out of the way to work on the rest of the hair with ease.
- Pull the remaining hair back, and divide it into a low ponytail and a medium ponytail. French braid the low pony to the medium pony up towards the crown.
- Once you've braided to the crown, create a top knot with the braid's ends and merge it with the clipped away section.
- Use the end of a tail comb to loosen the crown section and make it look textured - loose but not sleek.
Yami Gautam. Illustration/Uday Mohite
Yami's Jasmine Braid
- Yami has a fantastic length of hair, which is great for carrying off a mature Jasmine Braid. Prep your hair using an anti-frizz shine serum.
- Pull back your hair into a tight high ponytail.
- Smoothen the top with a fine-toothed comb. Shape the bulb with your hands and secure the base with an elastic band. Continue the process throughout the length of your hair. It's important that the bulbs go from large to small, otherwise it can very quickly turn a little 'Disney'.