The summer dress code! Reinvent your summer fashion with these cool tips
Go for floral patterns, stripes and add ruffles to your wardrobe to stay fashionable this summer season, say experts
New Delhi: Go for floral patterns, stripes and add ruffles to your wardrobe to stay fashionable this season, say experts.
Rashi Menda, Founder and CEO of online fashion portal Zapyle, and Sidhika Gupta, Fashion Head, online fashion portal Roposo, point out some trends for the season.
1. Yellow power: Summer and yellow shade make for an awesome combination. So, this season ditch shades of red and blue for yellow. Pair a yellow plain polyester top with a to add zing to your otherwise boring outfit.
Kangana Ranaut has adorned herself in a short floral print dress
2. Floral story: Flowers on summer blooms throughout the season. Floral patterns in every size and pattern will be in style, ranging from jackets and blouses to frocks and shift dresses.
3. Ruffles on a roll: Ruffles trend doesn't seem to be dying anytime soon. Ruffles are fun, feminine and can take any outfit to a dramatic high. A green plain collar pleated blouse with ruffles on the sleeves can enhance your office look immediately. Slip on an off-shoulder white ruffle layered blouse with a pair of jeans or a tie neck ruffle top and a leather midi skirt for a night out to ramp up the cool-girl vibe.
4. High on stripes: Stripes are ruling the fashion scene and summer is the perfect season to high with stripes. They have never been this bright and vibrant, but soothing and appealing. Combine stripes of different sizes together and play with vertical stripes to create an optical illusion for adding extra inches to your stature.
5. Go casual: This summer fashion is all about comfort. Wear your comfy workout or athletic wear to the next social occasion. Studded track suits, message tees, velvet track pants, subtle tie ups are the closet essential of spring season.