Filmmaker electrocuted to death in Delhi, two arrested
Two people were arrested for causing, through negligence, the death of a documentary filmmaker. The man died of electrocution outside a jewellery shop in south Delhi, police said Monday.
Kamlesh Bansal and his son Druv Dhawan Bansal, owner of the shop at Green Park in south Delhi, were arrested for negligence that resulted in the death of 32-year-old Anand Bhaskar Morla.
According to police, Morla was electrocuted when his car's door touched an iron gate that was electrically charged as a live wire of a split air conditioning machine of the jewellery shop touched it.
"The police have registered a case under Section 304 A of the Indian Penal Code (relating to causing death by negligence) at the Safdarjung police station on Saturday and after the investigation the duo (father and son) was found responsible," an officer told IANS.
Morla, a resident of Saket, parked his car and went to the Bank of India ATM in the complex while his grandmother, wife and three-year-old son waited in the car.
When he returned and opened the car door, it brushed the iron gate that was in contact with the live wire.
Morla got electrocuted and fell on the ground. He was rushed to Safdarjung Hospital where doctors declared him dead, the officer said.