A major fire broke out in south Mumbai’s Sobo Central Mall at Tardeo on Wednesday evening.
The blaze, which occurred at the crowded mall at around 6pm in a saloon, which is located in ground floor of five-storey mall.
The fire led to chaos in the crowded mall and the authorities had to shut it down for two hours.
The fire which broke out in the evening led to chaos and confusion at the mall
While no one was injured in the fire, it did leave the saloon completely gutted.
Four fire engines and three water tankers were rushed to the spot. It took almost two hours to bring the blaze under control.
An eyewitness, Ashutosh, "Suddenly, I saw smoke coming out from the mall. By the time we realise the saloon was completely burnt. All the employees and customers safely came out timely and no one was hurt.".
“The cause of the fire will be known after the investigation but possibility of short circuit can not be ruled out. There was shortage of water in mall because of which it took time to douse the fire. We will also check whether the fire audit had been done or not,” said a fire officer involved in the fire fighting.
Photos: Deepika Padukone with father Prakash at Mumbai airport
Sachin Tendulkar, son Arjun join Aaditya Thackeray for cleanliness drive in Bandra
Photos: Akshay Kumar's son Aarav's night out in Juhu
Photos: Shilpa Shetty, son Viaan, Geeta Basra on 'Aunty Boli Lagao Boli' sets
Photos: Isha Ambani and mom Nita show their stylish side