Fire breaks out at National Chemical Laboratory in Pune
A fire broke out at the National Chemical Laboratory (NCL) in Pune on Tuesday midnight owing to a short circuit, but luckily a major accident was averted.
NCL is a government laboratory based in Pashan. On Tuesday, the Pune Fire Brigade team had received a call about the fire breaking out at laboratory.
According to a fire brigade jawan, Shatrugan Waje said, “The fire broke at the chemical laboratory in NCL on late Tuesday night, around 12.30 am. We rushed to the spot and forcefully broke the glass windows of the laboratory. While some of our jawans put off the fire, others were shifting various chemicals like sodium, potassium and hydrogen. There were many sodium plates, which could have easily caught fire. Within 15 minutes, the operation was carried out successfully.”
Another fire brigade jawan Madhukar Mate added, “It seems the fire broke out as there are various chemical kept for experiment, and such chemicals need cool temperature.”