New Delhi: A fire broke out Monday in a busy market in old Delhi, an official said. No casualty has been reported.
The fire was reported from Kinari Bazar in old Delhi's Chandni Chowk area - a wholesale retail market specialising in wedding attire and accessories, said a fire official.
"Around 20 fire tenders have been rushed to the spot to douse the fire after it was reported at 2.30 p.m.," Delhi Fire Service Director A.K. Sharma told IANS.
The fire was caused due to a short circuit in a transformer and soon spread to nearly 15 shops.
"Firefighters are facing a lot of difficulties to reach the spot where the fire broke out because of the narrow lanes in the area. However, the process is still on and we are trying to bring the situation under control," he added.
Spotted: Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma and other celebs at Mumbai airport
Photos: Salman Khan's 'special friend' Iulia Vantur at a song launch
Photos: Hrithik Roshan, Anushka Sharma, other celebs dazzle at event
In Pictures: Sex scandals involving Indian politicians
Photos: Abhishek Bachchan and Farah Khan at Boman Irani's birthday bash