PrevNext

Fire burns down makeshift homes at construction site

On Sunday morning around 10 am fire broke out in a in the premises of a private construction site in Kondwa. None of the workers inhabiting the area were injured in the fire but more than 40 wooden and tin sheet houses were burnt along with household items.


Houses of construction workers were charred in Sunday’s fire in Kondhwa. Pic/Mohan Patil

Three fire tenders — two from Central Fire Station and one from Pune Cantonment Board (PCB) rushed to the spot and doused the flames within 30 minutes.

“We were working on the building and suddenly saw that flames emerging from a house. We managed to take out two gas cylinders from the houses or else a massive fire would have broke out,” said Vishwanath Bhardwaj a construction worker.

The reason of the fire was not been found; whereas some of the workers claimed that it was due to short-circuit in one of the houses.

Raju Jadhav, site engineer told mid-day, “We have labour insurances for all the workers who have lost their belongings in the fire and they will be reimbursed. We will rebuilt new sheds for the workers.”

You May Like

MORE FROM JAGRAN

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply