Jammu: A major fire on Saturday destroyed what was once the best hotel in this Jammu and Kashmir winter capital.
The fire broke out in the morning in the multi-storey Hotel Premier on Residency Road area, police said.
"Over a dozen fire tenders were immediately rushed to douse the fire. Fire personnel along with police successfully rescued all guests and staff of the hotel and prevented the blaze from spreading to other buildings and structures nearby," a senior police officer told IANS.
While authorities are investigating the reason behind the fire, it is believed that a short circuit could have triggered the fire.