A fire broke out on the ninth floor of a commercial building in Tardeo, at 5.30 pm, on Thursday.
Fire brigade officials suspect a short circuit to be the cause of the blaze. Officials on the spot said that the fire took place in an interior designer’s store where three workers were present.
There were about 10 people who were stuck in the smoke and have been rescued by the fire department. Around four of them complained of suffocation due to smoke, and were taken to Nair hospital immediately.
A fire official said, “We suspect the reason of fire to be a short circuit and we have also ceased the power supply of this building until our investigation is over. I doubt if the building would be open to the public for the next two days.”
Kiran Mehta, a committee member of the society, said, “Our building has fire extinguishers on each floor, which were recently replaced with new ones, but as we could not bring it under control, we immediately called the fire brigade.”
Pics: Prabhas, Tamannaah Bhatia at 'Baahubali 2' first look launch at MAMI
'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' photos: Aishwarya, Anushka, Karan get candid at MAMI
Photos: Huma Qureshi, Neha Dhupia and other celebs at MAMI
Photos: Amy Jackson, Daisy Shah at Mumbai airport
Photos: Sridevi, Irrfan and other celebs at 'Mughal-e-Azam' screening