Three days after a fire gutted a biscuit warehouse at Indian Corporation compound, fire officials are still struggling to cool down the premises. The fire, which spread through the area, began owing to a short circuit. Officials on Friday were still working hard attempting to cool the warehouse.
On the evening of October 29, a massive fire broke out in the warehouse of a biscuit company gutting 300 tonnes of biscuits (‘Fire rages through biscuit warehouse for almost a day’). Speaking to MiD DAY, TN Salvi, chief fire officer of Bhiwandi said that the fire had broken out on Tuesday and ever since then, officials have been working hard to douse the flames.
“One fire vehicle is continuously present at the spot but the work of cooling is not complete. It would take at least a day or two to cool the place completely keeping in mind the hurdles we are facing.”
Officials said that their work was being made more difficult, as there were only three entry points to the warehouse and additionally, the materials inside the warehouse made it that much more difficult to douse the flames. The garments warehouse on the first floor also sustained much damage in the fire.
Officials said, besides, the three entry points, they made their way in by using the balcony of the garment warehouse, situated on the first floor and then made their way down into the burnt structure. “Another hurdle we are facing is that because it’s Diwali, we are finding it troublesome to get extra fire engines,” added Salvi.
Spotted: Alia Bhatt, Ranveer Singh, Neha Dhupia in Bandra
Photos: Salman Khan returns from Jodhpur to Mumbai
15 'peach' perfect photos of Priyanka Chopra at People's Choice Awards 2017
Photos: Tennis legend Andre Agassi meets Rahul Dravid in Mumbai
62 going on 16: These photos of Rekha prove she is 'forever young'