Jaipur: Five people were Wednesday electrocuted to death and a teenager was injured when they came into contact with a high-tension electric wire in Rajasthan's Bharatpur district, police said.
Two of the dead were women, while the injured was a 16-year-old boy.
The incident occurred in Azad Nagar. Six labourers were hired by the public health engineering department to repair a broken hand pump.
Police told IANS that the labourers were pulling out a heavy pipe from the borewell dug already for the hand pump, when they lost control and the pipe touched an overhead high tension wire.
Five of the labourers died on the spot, while the teenager suffered burn injuries and was admitted to a hospital, police said.
The state chief secretary has sought a detailed report into the incident.
SRK-Gauri anniversary: B-Town stars and their non-filmi better halves
Birthday special: Popular mothers and daughters in Bollywood
Spotted: 'Kaabil' star Hrithik Roshan with dad Rakesh Roshan
'Rock On 2' trailer launch: Farhan, Shraddha enthrall audience with live gig
Photos: Deepika Padukone, Sushmita Sen with daughters at Mumbai airport