Five members of a family died after they allegedly consumed poisonous tea in Jaliya village in the district today, police said.
The deceased were identified as 50-year-old Bhoja, a farmer, his wife Mani Devi and their sons Shitan, Kailash and Lokesh.
They complained of severe abdominal pain and vomiting after having the tea this morning, police said, adding that neighbours rushed them to a nearby hospital where Bhoja and his sons were declared brought dead and Mani Devi died during treatment.
Investigations are on to ascertain whether they were unaware of the poisonous substance in their tea or it was a case of suicide, the police added.
Photos: Swara Bhaskar, Sonali Kulkarni at Jagran Film Festival awards
Pics: Shahid Kapoor's transformation from chocolate boy to hottie
Photos: Kareena Kapoor Khan and Aamir Khan at Mumbai airport
Photos: SRK, wife Gauri, Aishwarya Rai, Shweta Bachchan at Vogue Awards
Photos: Harbhajan Singh-Geeta Basra's TV outing with daughter Hinaya