Melbourne: McLaren said on Friday that investigations have found no problems with Fernando Alonso's car after he crashed in testing and was forced to miss the Australian Grand Prix. The British team said it worked "very transparently" with world body FIA. Some observers have raised questions about the crash, with Alonso's manager labelling it "very strange".
"Technically we have conducted all the investigations on the car and very transparently with the FIA," said racing director Eric Boullier. "Everything we have conducted so far we couldn't find anything wrong or which has implied the (reason for the) accident.
"So we are still looking for further investigations but we have given our report to the FIA and we are working with the FIA so nothing more can be said than this." McLaren's Jenson Button earlier said he pored over the data from Alonso's accident last month. McLaren has denied speculation he suffered an electric shock in the cockpit. Alonso, a two-time world champion, hit the inside of Turn 3 at Barcelona and suffered concussion and temporary memory loss. He is skipping Melbourne on medical advice.
Boullier said Alonso, who cannot risk a second head impact so soon after the first, was on track for the second race in Malaysia as he begins his second stint with McLaren. "The normal process recommended by the doctor was for him to stay and rest at home for a few days so this is what he is doing," Boullier said. "He has to start and train again with his recovery and training programme. Now it's up to the doctors and the FIA to decide if he will be ready to race in Malaysia or not."
The Alonso controversy has raised pressure on a team that limped through pre-season testing, with the MP4-30 clocking only 30 laps in the final session -- the least of any team. The McLaren drivers, Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen, had more problems in Friday testing.
Three-time race winner Button reported understeer problems while Magnussen, deputising for Alonso, came off into the gravel at Turn 6 and retired during the second session. McLaren have renewed their association with Japanese engine supplier Honda, a partnership which conquered F1 from 1988 to 1991 with Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost at the wheel.
SRK-Gauri anniversary: B-Town stars and their non-filmi better halves
Birthday special: Popular mothers and daughters in Bollywood
Spotted: 'Kaabil' star Hrithik Roshan with dad Rakesh Roshan
'Rock On 2' trailer launch: Farhan, Shraddha enthrall audience with live gig
Flashback: When bikini babes set a new world record in Australia